Windows 8 will not include a Start button in the lower left hand corner of the taskbar. We've had this functionality since 1995.
1. I need to have a start button programmed that works on W8 32 and 64 bit.
2. It should work/look similar to the W7 start button functionality/look.
3. Stardock http://www.stardock.com/products/start8/ integrated the new Windows 8 start "app" into a start button. Very simple and efficient in my opnion.
However, I prefer my program to be more similar to the W7 style.
4. The start button would also need the "search program files and folders" functionality similar to W7.
5. The start button should also have the shutdown functionality included as well.
For example, the sleep button in W7 can be done by executing: C:\Windows\System32\rundll32.exe user32.dll,LockWorkStation
This would include logoff, sleep, shutdown, etc. just like it is now.
6. The end user isn't expected to be technically savy, so please note that the end user shouldn't need to install things like: all .net framework4 nor the VB Power Packs, etc. In other words, the requirement to install should be "W8 32 or 64bit."
7. I need the .exe and the source code. I will use my own installer program.
8. TESTING: If you don't have a way to test on Windows 8 Consumer Preview Evaluation Copy, please DON'T BID.
9. Please no "Unknown Publisher" during install. It's a scary message that will immediately turn away installers.
10. This program targets the desktop side of windows 8 and not the tablet side to have the required functionality of the system settings.
While most of this is simple, there will be an opportunity to grow in functionality depending on demand of the software. In other words, there may be additional programming opportunity.
I would also welcome your ideas about additional functionality that I can present to my installers to see what they want the most.
I welcome your thoughts, mock up design and questions you may have.
Thank you kindly for your bid.