Need some work done? Post a Project Today
Attention Scriptlance users, Scriptlance has been acquired by Freelancer.com! Find out more
Windows 8 will not include a Start button in the lower left hand corner of the taskbar. We've had this functionality since 1995.
1. I need to have a start button programmed that works on W8 32 and 64 bit.
2. It should work/look similar to the W7 start button functionality/look.
3. Stardock http://www.stardock.com/products/start8/ integrated the new Windows 8 start "app" into a start button. Very simple and efficient in my opnion.
However, I prefer my program to be more similar to the W7 style.
4. The start button would also need the "search program files and folders" functionality similar to W7.
5. The start button should also have the shutdown functionality included as well.
For example, the sleep button in W7 can be done by executing: C:\Windows\System32\rundll32.exe user32.dll,LockWorkStation
This would include logoff, sleep, shutdown, etc. just like it is now.
6. The end user isn't expected to be technically savy, so please note that the end user shouldn't need to install things like: all .net framework4 nor the VB Power Packs, etc. In other words, the requirement to install should be "W8 32 or 64bit."
7. I need the .exe and the source code. I will use my own installer program.
8. TESTING: If you don't have a way to test on Windows 8 Consumer Preview Evaluation Copy, please DON'T BID.
9. Please no "Unknown Publisher" during install. It's a scary message that will immediately turn away installers.
10. This program targets the desktop side of windows 8 and not the tablet side to have the required functionality of the system settings.
While most of this is simple, there will be an opportunity to grow in functionality depending on demand of the software. In other words, there may be additional programming opportunity.
I would also welcome your ideas about additional functionality that I can present to my installers to see what they want the most.
I welcome your thoughts, mock up design and questions you may have.
Thank you kindly for your bid.
Namaste and welcome to Freelancer.in. Let us help you build a global business empire by providing a skilled virtual workforce to deliver any work you need online. Increase your competitiveness and profitability, on the world's largest outsourcing website, by accessing millions of professional Freelancers! Our Freelancers are based in 234 countries and regions. Technically elite, they specialize in over 300 project categories covering IT, Design, Writing, Engineering, the Sciences, Sales, Marketing, Business, Legal services and more.
Simply sign up to post a project and, within minutes, you'll start receiving bids from Freelancers ready to work. For example, an aspiring Bollywood singer in Mumbai can have his songs remixed by a producer in Los Angeles; a Goan housewife's recipes are converted into a potential best-seller by a publisher in London, and a business in Delhi hires developers in Chennai to build its website. The possibilities, like the types of work that can be outsourced, are virtually unlimited!
Freelancer.in can reduce your costs, without compromising quality, and our secure Milestone Payment system ensures you only pay for work you're completely satisfied with. You're also protected by our dispute resolution service, and online assistance is always available via our dedicated 24/7 help-desk.
There are also lucrative earning opportunities for skilled Indian Freelancers. You will greatly benefit from the flexibility of full or part-time work, and can even earn money without working on site! Our affiliate program pays you for referring users to Freelancer.in. These are ideal options for students, stay-at-home moms, retired or semi-retired professionals, and everyone looking for extra income. Sign up now!
Freelancer ® is a registered Trademark of Freelancer Technology Pty Limited (ACN 142 189 759)