Beginning with an iOS app to suit iPhones and iPads, and then Android, I have a client who requires an app for their greengrocery business.
We are seeking not only a good coder / team that can design as well as develop and maintain, but prefer someone who has experience with apps which add value to a business' existing customers, not just a stand alone app as this app will be provided free to customer base.
So we want to make this app useful and practical for shoppers, as well as fun and easy to use.
The main feature we expect will be used the most is the shopping list, similar to existing shopping list apps in the Apple and Google Play Store.
Ideally, this shopping list should allow users to easily add items from a database of available items from their selected store.
A secondary function is to show recipes which allow the user to easily add the ingredients to their shopping list.
The third function is to show store specials (there are several outlets) relevant to the store they choose, and push notifications of any last minute or on the spot special offers.
We are also open to purchase rights to use an existing, established shopping list app and customise it further with company branding and products.
Here is a summary of desired functions:
• Sort automatically
o Once checked, item moves down to bottom of list
• Master List
o Add and remove items
• Supplementary lists
• List sharing via email
• Make it possible to add other non- fruit and veg items
o For example, roast chicken, pharmaceuticals etc.
• When typing a drop down list of suggestions to save time
• Check ingredients and they are added to shopping list
o If multiple shopping lists, then which one does it get added to?
• Source recipe
• Option to 'share' recipe via Facebook, Twitter, email
• Star icon at top of page to add to 'Favourites' list
• Rate recipes
• Order of recipes shown according to rating rather than alphabetical
• Comments section? I.E. taste.com.au
• User asked to select nearest store to obtain relevant specials
• Punch in item price
• Punch in item weight (scales in store)
• Display running total to aide in budgeting
• Enable users to add other costs in manually
o For example, pack of nuts $5.99.
Time Frame: Aim to launch application by end of August 2013
Will also require quote for troubleshooting and updating app.