Create Easily Updatable Treemap for deployment online (mobile and desktop)
- Status: Closed
- Prize: $200
- Entries Received: 4
- Winner: marioada
Build a HTML (or similar) treemap for deployment on a website. The criteria are:
1) Treemap must automatically scale to fill the full screen on mobiles and computer screens.
2) Treemap must update based on an easily updated table with the following columns:
d. Total (= Quantity * Value)
e. Image (uploaded image file)
3) The Treemap boxes will adjust based on the value in the ‘Total’ column. i.e. based on the % the value in that row is of the total %.
4) The Treemap boxes will be the colour in the ‘Colour’ column.
5) The Treemap boxes will have the ‘Image’ at their centre. The proportions of the image must remain when the box scales and it cannot become ‘stretched’ when the box becomes rectangular.
6) The number of rows should not be limited (if there is a limit the Contractor should advise what that limit is but not to be less than 500).
7) The Treemap should look slick and modern with a consistent clean space between each box and a high quality appearance (feel free to play round with how this is best achieved).
Example of treemap and some initial code: [login to view URL] There are a number of uses planned - a single example has been added with social media companies.
Submission format to be text format with screengrabs of the treemap.
“Mario did a great job on this and the end product is exactly what I was hoping for. Wouldn't hesitate to hire him again (and most likely will for some hourly rate work).”
remic, United Arab Emirates.