Design Concept for a Synthesizer (2 illustrations)
- Status: Closed
- Prize: €50
- Entries Received: 5
- Winner: nubelo_cKmwJ2Rg
I'm working on a concept for a synthesizer (NOT a virtual synthesizer, but a real tangible musical instrument). In order to be successful in this task you need to have some familiarity with keyboard instruments.
I only expect to receive couple of illustrations representing how the instrument might look like. This assignment is NOT expected to result in a detailed design, but instead more like an early artistic vision (sketch) of the product. I'm expecting:
a) one 3D drawing of the device, and
b) one illustration of the UI style
These are the basics:
- The device is a tool for electronic music production. It's users are professionals and serious hobbyists.
- The instrument is small (maybe not as small as OP-1 but much sleeker than a MiniBrute). Keyboard max 3 octaves. Small keys.
- The instrument is intended to provide a platform for all kinds of hacks and modifications. Hence, it's design should have certain 'generic character'.
- Generally quite minimalistic style (think e.g. nordic design)
- Touchscreen interface and a retrofuturistic UI
- Knobs and sliders? Maybe not. Maybe even the pitch bend and modulation wheel could be replaced by touch screen operation that is turned on when a key is pressed...
- Materials? I'm imagining something like brushed aluminium and oak, but feel free to come up with your own vision.
I'm hoping to get this project off the ground, which could lead to further collaborations with the best designers who participate in this contest.
“Collaborating was very nice and efficient. ”