- Status: Closed
- Prize: $87
- Entries Received: 29
- Winner: jona6256
We are looking for a logo designer to complete a logo refresh that we have been working on. We have ran out of time and patience to finish this project and would like someone fresh to come in and develop it further.
My client loves the direction that we have currently taken the logo refresh but it just needs to be a bit better and stronger than the level that it currently is at. To your right you will see two styles that we are looking for, one is developing what we have in the current style and the second is different and we are excited to see what can come from this.
The main focus we need from here is to develop the ‘cherub’ and the ‘grapes’, the client is happy with the circle bordering, but you are welcome to try something new, ideally this will be in a circle though. They have specified that there does need to be some sort of border. They are a traditional company so it is a balancing act on how far we can push the design, this is what we found hard.
A few important (non negotiable) things to note:
1. The cherub and grapes need to be minimal, as you can see by the previous (old logo) their was way to much detail and we have chosen to remove this and go with simple but effective lines, You will need to keep to this style of less is more.
2. You may not notice at first glance but the grapes are made of three letters ‘Y’, ‘G’ and ‘S’ ... this is essential to keep in the new design but it is also very important that these are not at all obvious when you first look at the logo, they remain ‘hidden’ (unless you are told that the letters are in the grapes).
3. The colour (C: 0 M: 100 Y: 61 K: 43 HEX: 740029) is a part of the company brand so does need to be incorporated.
A few further things to note that are a little more flexible:
1. In our last meeting with the client we talked about two things, this is not essential but you are welcome to try this and see if it works. The first was trying to turn the cherub around so it is facing away from you, where the ear is currently on the refresh design would be the back on the cherubs head, but he would still need to be sitting in a similar position. Secondly we also talked about adding a few more lines of detail (possibly a wave in the hair, and if you did turn the cherub around maybe a line down the back, we did play with adding in detail for an eye but found it difficult to make work). I’m not sure this would work with the second style though.
2. The current shape of the cherub and grapes does not sit symmetrical in the circle so this could be adjusted, we are also willing to accept one option of either of the above, (1. Just the torso 2. The whole body) ideally both would be provided, the client currently was leaning towards the whole body but we were not overly happy with how the legs sit as it is.
3. The examples to the left are the two styles that we like. We will accept entries with one style or both, we only need one design but being able to produce both my increase your chances of winning the competition.
Files in illustrator would be preferred and would increase your chance of winning but if you do not have these skills and we love you entry it will not stop us from awarding you the winning entry.
“Great work and followed instructions well”