Logo for Tech startup developing a remote dementia care service
- Status: Closed
- Prize: €150
- Entries Received: 177
- Winner: Dezilancer
We are searching for a simple but effective logo for our startup that we are launching in the next month. The company name is “arc” (all lower case).
Description of arc:
The company is focusing on developing a new form of dementia care using mixed reality. Our service will remotely connect a patient at home wearing the Microsoft HoloLens headset with a carer. The carer will be able to support the patient using the 1st person perspective camera from the HoloLens headset and a 3D map of the patient’s environment. Support is provided by the carer using holograms that are embedded into the patient’s real environment in order to navigate them around their house, highlight specific items in their environment and to guide them through daily tasks such as cooking and cleaning.
The concept of arc:
The concept of the name “arc” is related to geometry. This word relates to a closed section of a circle that connects two points on the outside of the circle. In this case of our startup, the two points related to an arc would be the patient and the carer. Our service is essentially an arc that connects these two people remotely using our technology. This is the general concept behind the name of our company.
Pave the way to wellness
Disrupt the healthcare market
- Name “arc” in lower case letters only.
- Related to the meaning of an Arc from geometry. It does not have to feature a circle or a full arc but something representing connecting two people together (on an arc) would be ideal.
- Simplistic design. We would like to keep the logo subtle. Please try to keep the amount of added feature around the word “arc” limited.
- Supportive logo. If possible the added design to the word “arc” should help to emphasise the word “arc” while still capturing the subtle meaning of the company name.
- Focus on the core technology and the concept of care. It is not necessary for the logo to be specifically related to dementia. Instead, the logo should relate to our core technology: remotely connecting people (using the “arc” concept in the design) for the purpose of care and support
Keywords for the logo:
arc (geometry); care; Help; mixed reality; digital; remotely connecting; connecting two points; support;
Microsoft HoloLens headset: [url removed, login to view]
Arc (geometry): [url removed, login to view](geometry)
Project website (the startup is a spinoff from this project): [url removed, login to view]
Presentation of project and startup idea (3mins): [url removed, login to view]
(begins automatically at 7:49 discussing the startup idea using an old name for the startup)
“Fast response to our multiple rounds of feedback and delivered a nice unique logo. ”