Logo redesign for a charity organization
- Status: Closed
- Prize: $120
- Entries Received: 66
- Winner: Mirtoki
PLEASE NOTE CONTEST IS NOW CLOSED. WINNER WILL BE ANNOUNCED OCTOBER 6TH, 2017. THANK YOU TO ALL THAT PARTICIPATED.
This is a rebranding of a logo that represents an abstinence based men's recovery house from drugs and alcohol. Their original logo is a rocket. (please see attached). The association with the rocket is that the house helps men "launch" their lives back into health, family and community. The recovery house is called the Launching Pad. ([login to view URL]) this recovery house has been serving the community for 23 years so we are not looking for a totally new look as the community already associates the rocket with the Launching Pad. We are looking to modernize the old launching pad logo with the rocket to the 21st century as we are looking to increase our fundraising efforts for the house and this logo needs to be appealing to both the public and the house. Here are the criteria for the new logo:
1. logo must include a rocket (as there is a story behind that)
2. Maximum of 2 colours (for keeping cost down for printed material)
3. Should appeal to public, house members, board members
4. Must look appealing when shown as a single colour (black/white print outs etc)
5. Navy or blue would be a good colour to use as it means stability, trust, loyalty, peace, responsible, success, calm. masculine. A neutral colour can be the secondary colour if needed.
6. Text can be all capitals or title case of a mix of the two
7. The graphic and text need to be practical enough that branded clothing can have logo stitched on and not just screen printed. This means there can be no fine lines or small details that would make the threads unstable.
8. The Words Launching Pad should be clearly visible and not over-cloaked by the graphic.
9. Design should be clean and simple