Computer networks online chatting application project
The application to be developed will be a system which will enable multiple users to connect to the chat program. Ä°t should be developed in c#. Below are te requirenments and the deliverables of the project. Since the main focus of the project is socket programming the data storage system could be kept simple.Â
1. Unique code
2. The main part is to create the server- user side of a chat program. the server created should allow fluent conversation between users.
3. Chatting between users should be transferred through the server.
4. There can be a TCP or UDP Â between server and users.
5. Server-user and user-user interaction protocol will be designed by developer. This protocol will serve as an FTP to differantiate the message header and the main text. The protocol developed will need an short presentation through FSM or similar symbolized language.
[url removed, login to view] server will keep the infir such as, user name, password, contact list. Users will connect to the server through username and passwords. Ä°t is left to the developer to decide how to store information of online users.Â
7. Server Requirements
a) user logs in: hold data of online and offline users
b) user signs off: the user logging out will be switchex to ofline.
c) contact list: server holds contact list for every user.Â
d) sending contacts list to users.
e) adding new contacts to list.
f) removing contacts from the list.
g) delivery of a start chat notification when one side sends a msg to another.
h) proper delivery of msg from one side to another.
8. User requirements
a) the ability ti do the interactions required by the server.
b) if the yser receives a chat notification from a different user while in a chat. Ä°t should be able to accept or reject it.
Things not required
1) supporting 3 or higher person chat.
2) advanced graphical interface
3) the server doesnt have to update user status to ofline if disconnection occurs.
1) short presentation of server-user, user-user ftp like protocol designed in a symbolized way.
2) the list of messages in protocol and what could happen after each delivery.
3) server application , working + code
4) user application , working + code
Note: the server and user application will work on the same pc. More than 1 user app should work simultaniously on same pc. Visualizations should be proper.
in case of other assumptions please contact me.
Proper commenting required.