DNP Captsone Project: Nurse driven protocol on pressure ulcer
- Status Completed
- Budget $10 - $30 USD
- Total Bids 1
Okay, I'm a DNP student. my Captsone is a Nurse driven protocol on pressure ulcer.
Here are suggestions for my first article. its suppose to be a literature review and it should also correspond to my captsone
1. Is there a knowledge gap in ADN prepared nurses vs BSN prepared Nurses on the intervention/ treatment on pressure ulcer?
2. Is there a translation gap of knowledge into practice for recently graduate nurses?
3. What does evidence say are the best interventions/treatment for pressure ulcers?
4. What are the different dressing foams and which ones have shown to be more effective and also cost effective.
one of my main significant findings is that at st joesph mercy (clinical site) was that they recently opened several new units as they expand the hospital. With the new units they mostly hired graduated nurses with little or none working experience. Most of the nurses are associate prepared nurses not BSN prepared nurses. The units that had the highest incidence of pressure ulcers were the recently opened units, graduate nurses and most of them were ADN prepared.
I'm going to carry out the project on 5south which is one of the recently opened unit with graduate nurses. The nurses where asked to take an online test on pressure ulcer and the passing rate was average 65-70%. The score was noted poorly on the intervention section. Most nurses did not know what intervention was appropriate for what stage, they did not understand functions of the mepilex dressing foams and the different foams/soaps/resources available for use in the treatment of pressure ulcer.
Please use nursing terminology as you write and also write at a doctorate level
Get free quotes for a project like this
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online