We have AutoCAD drawings that their source is vector files (HPGL). We have converted them to AutoCAD format (DXF/DWG) but the texts in the drawings are still vectors (composed of lines only)
We need a program that will recognize the texts and will convert the vector fonts to standard fonts
The program may use AutoCAD (2000 or 2005) or can be executed from AutoCAD
We prefer a VBA program that runs inside AutoCAD
The drawings should be modified as follows:
1. The vector fonts should be moved to a different dedicated layer
2. The text fonts should be generated in a different dedicated layer. The default font that will be used is Curier New with size closest to the size of the original vector fonts but the operator may overide the font parameters
1. The vector texts are basic latin ASCII characters (hex 21-7e)
3. The vector texts are in different sizes, different fonts and different aspect ratio. The text direction may have an angle.
4. The program can assume that a sample of characters in each font is available
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
Application should run on Windows XP on a desktop on which AutoCAD 2000 is installed