Requirement is for a website to be professionally built and maintained offering a lot of "one stop shop" to enthusiasts of MG Cars.
An existing "DIY" (using PHP and mySQL) website [url removed, login to view] (with a more recently updated beta version [url removed, login to view]) can be used as the starting point (i.e. prototype).
Detailed requirements include:
• Members MG car gallery
• MG Sales brochures and Adverts archive
• MG Books
• Member functionality (new user registration, add MG car to virtual “garage”, upload and manage images/video posts)
• Integration with social networks Twitter, Facebook, etc
• Integration with eBay, Amazon, and Google to earn revenue from click-throughs.
• Ability for users to post messages to a discussion forum, “ask an expert” where members earn points for answers, with users able to rate answers
• Ability for users to add events and locations to an MG event calendar (rallies, autojumbles, etc)
• Ability for users to create and manage classified adverts
• Ability to users to view/post journal articles (e.g. restorations, technical articles) – including a workflow likely a review process required prior to publishing
• Ability for users to create their own “micro-site” allowing users to arrange images, blogs, events, etc
• Ability for certain users to create their own “MG Shop” allowing them to sell items through sales, auctions, etc
Potentially this could be delivered through CMS, however there would be specific functionality that may not be available and have to be built as modules.
Apologies for above typo - description should read "Requirement is for a website to be professionally built and maintained offering a "one stop shop" to enthusiasts of MG Cars."
A CMS such as Joomla would be preferable as it provides a lot of the functionality required.
Thanks everyone for their interest so far. I have produced a slightly more detailed requirements document to reduce the number of assumptions you may have made when estimating.
Please note I have decided at this junction there is less focus on creating an online shop, but more social functionality with the revenue streams coming from advertisements and click-throughs to eBay, Amazon and Google.
If you are proposing to use software/extensions that has a licence fee, please include that in your bid details so I can establish the full cost.
Added Drupal to skills list - looks like Joomla or Drupal are the most recommended solutions for my website proposal.