WHY are you doing this?
Demonstrate what you've learned: Present a collection of information in this ePortfolio to show that you have reached the 7 learning outcomes for this class. For each outcome, you have the opportunity to submit a reflection that answers specific Synthesis Questions. You can do as many reflections as you like, from zero to seven.
WHAT do you turn in?
Answer the questions: There are Synthesis Questions for each learning outcome, which you answer and submit as a reflection. Each reflection should represent the equivalent of 500 words or more.
Submit any format: This is a class about technology, so you can submit each reflection in any of the following formats:
• Text (500+ words) – examples: essay, blog post, wiki page, webpage, etc.
• Presentation (include audio or text narration for each slide, adding up to 500+ words total)– examples: PowerPoint slides with pictures and/or bullet points (using notes field on each slide for narration), VoiceThread with pictures and/or bullet points (using audio or text comments on each slide for narration), Prezi
• Audio or Video (record a narration script totaling 500+ words) – examples: podcast recording, screencast video, YouTube video, etc.
• Multimedia (include a narration script, totaling 500+ words): infographic, concept map, Pinterest collage
• Other: Be creative, but ask the teacher if you are not sure
No matter what format you choose, include any evidence that contains specific experiences, readings, assignments, class discussions, screenshots or other media that supports your point.
WHEN is it due?
Last day of instruction: You have over a month to complete this activity. It is due December 16, at 11:55 pm.
WHERE do you turn it in?
Submit in Pathbrite: First, do your work in Pathbrite.
Share a link from iLearn: Then, use the iLearn forum to link to your Synthesis Quest ePortfolio in Pathbrite.
HOW do you find the information to answer the questions?
You are allowed to go back and look at ANY materials from the class or the Internet to help you answer the questions. You won't earn more points in the Introduction, Metacognition, or Technology Quests, but those resources may help you as you work on the Synthesis Quest.
• Content recommendations:
o Below you will find the Synthesis Questions. Answer all that you can, but don't make anything up.
o Remember to cite your sources using APA format.
o Feel free to use the Synthesis Questions Worksheet to create your first draft. You can copy and paste your answers into a new document, but it will help you keep track of your work.
o Ask a colleague to proofread it.
• Basic writing recommendations:
o Use spell check! We will deduct 5 points for spelling errors.
o Use paragraphs. We will deduct 10 points for monster paragraphs that do not have paragraph breaks.
2. In what ways have you improved as a learner? What brought about those improvements?
3. How have you been challenged?
4. What values, opinions, or beliefs have changed?
5. How does your work for this class show growth/change/progression over time?
Investigate how you affect your own learning