I require an Android Application built that connects with a REST API and creates a slideshow of content from the JSON feed, displaying it on a Chrome Cast device or locally on the Android device.
The user can pause, stop, rewind, skip the slideshow.
The slide show will container Audio, Video, Image and Text slides.
The screens required to be built....
*** Main Screen ***
This is the starting screen once the application has loaded.
- Icon for going to Registration/Login Screen
- Icon for going to Channels Screen
- Icon for going to My Account (Open Browser with Token to Login to Website)
*** Login/Registration Screen ***
A screen where the user can either Login or Register with our JSON REST API.
- Registration: Input their Name, Email Address and a Password
- Login: Input their Email Address and a Password
- Forgot Password: Input their Email Address
*** Channels Screen ***
This displays a list of thumbnails with text titles the user can click on to view, which launches the Slide Show Screen and requests the feed of that channel. Ideally a grid would suit this screen. This information is provided via our JSON REST API.
*** Slideshow Screen ***
The main part of the application, should look like a old VHS Player Remote in portrait mode. This is displayed when ever the slide show is feeding the Chrome cast device, otherwise when in local mode it just displays the content with a pull out control set by swiping right.
Screen Actions/Control Pad:
- Pause/Play Toggle Icon
- Fast Forward/Rewind Icon (go forward and back on assets)
- Search Icon (enter a tag to filter content by tag)
- Thumbs Up Icon (to like the currently displayed post)
- Thumbs Down Icon (to dislike the currently displayed post)
- Stop Icon
*** Core Slideshow Process ***
This is the most important part, the application needs to request the JSON data feed from our REST API, then display each item in order and for the duration specified by each entry. Once the user reaches the end of the current page set of entries, the application needs to fetch the next page set for the active channel.
- The slideshow processor needs to pre-fetch the next page once the first page is fetched. So that the experience is uninterrupted.
- Slide transitions will be included with each post item eg: Fade, Cut and a duration for the effect.
- Slides will also have a display effect eg: Pan, Zoom, PanZoom along with Direction parameter eg: Up, Down, Left, Right, In, Out.
Each slide is to contain the icon for the platform it is from and the author of the post, along with the asset being full screen.