The general app performance can be shown in 5 simple steps:
Step #1: Request. The customer requests a car instantly or on schedule via the app. Those requests are received by drivers nearby.
Step #2: Matching. The driver may either accept or reject the ride. If they reject it, the request is sent to another driver.
Step #3: Ride. The customer tracks the taxi approach and knows the estimated time of arrival.
Step #4: Payment. The cashless way of payment and the price estimated beforehand make this process smoother for both parties.
Step #5: Rating. It’s an important component of Uber’s business logic which enhances the service reliability.
The project consists of 2 apps (driver and rider) and control panel
Basic features to build customers' app:
* Geolocation and routing.
Detect user's location
Set pickup location
* Payment integration. Cash
* Base fare
* Cost per mile
* Cost per minute
* Safe rides fee
Payment method screen (add cards, scan card by the camera, PayPal, cash) And wallet (money added to the wallet when the passenger gives more than the ride fare or topped on it using credit cards)
* Registration and personal data management.
Email + Password + Phone number + Payment details
Or Facebook + Phone number + Payment details
* Call or text the driver right from the app.
* Push notifications. + SMS integration
* Track a Ride
* Ride cost estimation.
* Track Service History [the passengers can get details about their rides in a specific period. The passengers can view any dates and the entire service history details will be available for them in the form of a report.] and they can make a report, change the rating, and contact the driver from the history
* Favourite Destinations (home and work)
* Top-notch UI and UX design.
* Scheduling a ride in advance.
* Booking a ride for others.
* Splitting a fare with companions.
Basic features to create Uber app for drivers:
* Personal profile editing.
* 'Active / Inactive' option (active drivers are visible on the map, inactive aren't).
* Calling to a passenger from the app.
* Generating daily / monthly reports of past bookings and earnings.
* Driver destinations.
* Free cancellation within a set period of time. And time counting states after 2 min of arrivals
* Heat maps.
* Forward Dispatch (The forward dispatch is an advanced feature for the driver app. It allows the drivers to accept the request for another ride while they are still completing their current ride. This helps them to cut down the ideal time and earn a few more extra bucks.)