TWi is an exciting, high-growth company based in Cork that delivers outsourced business-to-business technical writing, editing, and documentation solutions. We work primarily with clients who are involved in the hi-tech, software, and pharmaceutical industries to create deliverables such as training material, e-learning, technical guides, user manuals, and online help.
We are looking for an information developer to join our team on a full-time, fixed term contract basis. This would be for an initial period of three months or until the specific body of work is completed (whichever comes first), with a start date of as soon as possible. There is potential for the contract to be extended into 2018, but this cannot be guaranteed at the moment. Note that full-time equates to an 8-hour day, 5 days a week.
The successful candidate will become an integral part of one of our project teams and report directly into a team lead. They will be responsible for tasks that range from developing courseware for leading multinational software products to assisting in the creation of stand-alone user manuals. Training and mentoring will be provided for tools, processes, and all relevant areas as required.
• Create interactive tutorials and accompanying documentation for our clients that is:
ᵒ High quality and focused on defined documentation objectives
ᵒ In accordance with any required client styles and standards and guidelines
ᵒ Appropriate for the applicable target audience and industry sector
ᵒ Based on input and sign-off from subject matter experts (SMEs) to ensure completeness and accuracy
ᵒ Developed using a range of cutting-edge tools and technologies
ᵒ Delivered on time and according to client deadlines
• Perform quality checks for other information developers
• Assist in editing documentation for other information developers
• Contribute to internal company projects
• Assist in training newer team members when appropriate
• Undertake training on new tools and processes as required
• Third-level qualification in technical writing, English, IT, or a related discipline
• Excellent written and spoken English
• Experience in recording simulations for technical content using SnagIt, Adobe Captivate, or similar tools
• Able to explain concepts and tasks clearly and concisely, and write easy-to-follow instructions
• Good communication and interpersonal skills, both internally and with client contacts
• Able to manage and report on assigned tasks in accordance with agreed priorities
• Comfortable working independently and as part of a team
• Willing to learn new tools as required and familiar with social media platforms
• Has a general knowledge of the industry, and open to learning about new areas quickly
• Committed to understanding and applying quality processes
• Identifies and tries to resolve problems using own initiative where appropriate
• Flexible and proactive, displays a can-do attitude
How to Apply
To apply, send a copy of your CV and two samples of your writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants we wish to assess further may be asked to take a writing and editing test.