We'd like a simple sound recording software that does the following:
1) Records any sounds sent through the user's mic
2) Allows the user to store the original, uncompressed recording as a wav file on the local computer (sound should be of the highest quality possible)
3) Automatically triggers the user's default email software (Eudora, Outlook Express etc), creates a new email and attaches a MP3/compressed-version of the original recording to the email
4) Includes a short, pre-written message in the email body
The application should:
1) Allow previous wav recordings to be opened and extra "recording" time added at the end of the file and then the user may
continue from step 2 (as above).
2) Show a little progress bar & "current place indicator" (just like in any media player) that allows the user to "scroll" (by dragging the indicator) to a certain part of the recording and replay or start recording from that section i.e. the rest of the recording will be overwritten.
3) Allow adjustment of the volume of the mic / speakers.
4) Allow the user to be able to navigate through the entire software via keyboard only i.e. no mouse clicks necessary. This can be accomplished by keyboard-shortcuts like F2 to start a Recording, F3 to Stop etc.
5) Keep a list of the recordings that have been stored on the computer so that the user doesn't have to browse for the wav file unless necessary.
We'll include a simple "unlock" system when the software is installed on the computer. It's just a matter of a simple HTTP POST to a server and reading the results from the server which would determine if the recording should be saved or not.
The application will also display a banner of our choice:
The software will retrieve 2 values from a server - the URL of a banner and the URL that should be opened in the user's browser when the banner is clicked. The banner will be displayed within the software. This shouldn't be a problem for the programmer.
---: IF YOU ARE A JAVA PROGRAMMER: :---
If you are planning on writing this software in Java, we would like to keep the total size of the software's installation files & JRE as small as possible, therefore please mention if you will be making use of the java feature that compresses the Java class files (see [url removed, login to view])
One of the software's priorities is for it to look clean and user-friendly. We will provide the storyboard and an outline of the software's interface that should be followed.
We'll also need the copyright & complete code released to us.