I am a mechanical engineer who has worked with many domestic USA vendors and overseas vendors on embedded products. I currently have one product that needs to be ported from a Tiva MCU to an ESP32. All current code is written in c.
We currently have code written for TM4C1294NCPDT on a custom board with 2G modem. However, now I want to use an inexpensive ESP32 board with external SD card and external Xbee LTE M Module.
STEP 1: Connect to WIFI SD card and copy pictures over to board SD card – This Code has not been written
Digital pictures are located on a WIFI SD card in external camera.
This card…. [login to view URL]
This SD card natively runs a web server that allows images to be saved on it from a camera while also allowing a WIFI device to connect to it via it’s ADHOC network and read its contents.
This is described in a similar fashion here....
[login to view URL]
1. Use ESP32 board with wifi capability to connect to WIFI card
2. Automatically read directory and see what images are located on card
3. Download the images contained on WIFI SD card to a local SD card located on the Arduino.
4. Have a confirmation check that image has been transferred OK
5. Delete Image from WIFI SD card
Step 2: Connect to our server and read user settings. Based on settings perform actions, scale and upload images to our server – This Code has been written but will need modified for XBee module.
1. Use Xbee LTE M module to connect to our sever and check for several settings…..
a) Save Preference: Store scaled image in SENT folder on SD card after upload OR Delete image after upload
b) Synchronize Settings: We can delete this code, I will have it deleted on website as well
c) If Memory Full: Delete oldest one OR Delete All images on SD card
d) Image Compression: scale image 1/2 or 1/4 or 1/8 size
e) Image Transmission Type: Individual uploads images each time there an image to be uploaded in the SD card OR Group will do an upload of multiple images at the specified time by user. Since board will most likely power on many times a day, it’ll check the current date and time provided by cellular unit to see if it’s time to upload images
As mentioned, this code is already written, however it used the 2G modem and not an Xbee module.
2. Upload some variables such as LTE signal strength, Battery Voltage, SD card memory percentage (There is another SD card memory percentage but this will be deleted on the website and can be removed from the code as well)
3. Scale the Image that was transferred from the WIFI SD card to the local SD card. Use jpeg code to scale images to ½, ¼, or 1/8 size by using tjpgd.c (decompress JPG -> BMP) and savejpg.c (BMP -> JPG). This code is already written as mentioned above.
4. Use Xbee module to upload to our Server. This code is written but uses the 2G modem.
5. Save Image to SD folder or Delete it based on user settings above. Code already written.
All reference documents, drawings, schematics, etc can be provided once you have been selected. An NDA may be required from you before sending source code and documents. Please let me know if you have any issues with this.
Electronics, C# Programming, Microcontroller, PCB Layout, Arduino
20 freelancers are bidding on average $1518 for this job
A more extensive description of the project is needed. In general, everything is clear, but there are questions. PCB size, the antenna is internal or external, power supply, battery or mains etc.
WE are Embedded electronic researchers based in Bangalore...……….working in CSIR I have identified your requirement….. Send the details so that we can start...………...
I did similar kind of [login to view URL] is basically a lightning control device backed by esp32 to communicate with [login to view URL] has a SD card to put server and store images in it .I have code to fetch images.
Hello, my name is Cairo. I am an electronics engineer with experience on embedded systems design, FPGA development and general software development. I am able to help you on you project. Kind regards, Cairo