We seek a procedure that will achieve knowledge sharing and a demo window.
Knowledge-Sharing, Documentation, C++ IDE/Gtk3
Identify a full method for working with C++ and Gtk3 such that :
- C++ can be compiled and delivered as a single executable
- C++ can be written for both UbuntuLinux and Windows64 and function on both
- C++ can be used to deliver GUIs and those GUIs would work on both Windows64 and UbuntuLinux
With no modification to the build/compile/project scripts, or to the code
- C++ GUI is based on GTK3
- IDE is Visual Studio 2017 or 2019
- You are able to prove all of this by writing a procedure that includes steps to realise a demo
(See Procedure and Demo below)
- The successful execution of every step of the procedure would result
in the acceptance of your deliverable and therefore you will get paid and get good review.
- Procedure is documented with every step having no longer than 1 line.
- If steps cannot be broken, an exception can be made
- Steps should be numbered
- Start from a system that has only windows 10 installed
- Document every step needed to download any Software or add-on/extension
- Document every step needed to install the IDE
- Document every step needed to install any add-on/extension that is required
- Document every step needed to include the proper headers so that you can program
- Document every step needed to write the code of the DEMO (see below). The code is
fully C++/Gtk based and the #include headers should reflect that fact.
- Document every step needed to build the code and output the executables
- Document every step needed to take the executable and run it on UbuntuLinux
- Document every step needed to take the executable and run it on Windows
The DEMO will be the ultimate goal. If the DEMO works on both Windows and Linux,
you've met your goal.
The DEMO is simple and should do the following :
- Be based only on C++ and GTK (No Win32, no mix, on shady libraries, etc.)
- Once the program starts, a WINDOW is opened
- In the window you have two list boxes, one on the left, one on the right of the window
- The left one filled with items (just labels like "Hello 1", "Hello 2", etc.)
- The right list box is empty
- The user is able to drag the labels from the left box to the right box
- Once the user drops the label in the right list box, a popup opens with a message
- The message will tell the user that item "Hello 1" (or any other item) was transfered
to the right box.
- At least 10 items can be transfered successfully
- There is no issue in the graphics and everything looks fine
Candidate should be able to proove that he is a senior developer in order to be able to
seek his services when needed in the future.
We assume that the person will only respond if he is able to deliver that procedure fully and correctly.
For that reason, we discourage you from presenting if you are not sure about the task.
The task will not be accepted nor paid, unless a fully functioning procedure is received and tested.
Every step of the procedure need to function correctly.
Procedure that includes the steps to write the demo
The Demo code (same output that we should reach if we execute the procedure step-by-step)
6 freelancers are bidding on average $577 for this job
hello, How are you? i can work for you faithfully with C++ IDE/Gtk3. i have much experience in this field. Please test my skill and hire me, now i am ready for you, waiting for your reply. thanks.