We are in the process of changing our system. We will be using Zoho as our CRM and a separate administration system. The admin system uses an SMS service called TextAnywhere ([login to view URL]). Rather than having separate SMS services for sales and administration, I would like to integrate TextAnywhere with Zoho. I am happy for this to be done directly or via Zapier.
This is how I see it working, but am open to discussion:
1) It needs to be able to send SMS from both built in and custom modules
2) Users should be able to free type a message or select from templates
3) Ideally it will inform users how many characters/SMS messages their text is using
4) The sent SMS should appear within Closed Activities preferably with an Activity Type of SMS
5) On receipt of an SMS, it should save the details within the record's activities and create a task for the record owner to read/respond to the SMS.
Input greatly appreciated.