Hi Freelancers! :)
My name is Mark and I welcome you to my first ever project, education workbooks. This brief is divided into the following sections:
2. Required knowledge and skills
3. Project outcome and requirements
I'm a mature aged student (36yo) from South Australia who has returned to high school in order to attain the South Australian Certificate of Education (SACE) so as to enter University.
Among the SACE Stage 2 (Year 12) subjects I’m studying, this project focuses on the following:
1. Mathematical Methods (Calculus & Statistics).
2. Specialist Mathematics (Induction & Proofs, Complex numbers, Modeling, Advanced Calculus).
3. Physics (Motion & Relativity, Electricity & Magnetism, Light & Atoms).
This project has come about because my teachers are not following the state issued course outlines and I have found the teacher issued course guides, schedules, and textbooks to be completely out of order and completely bereft of the required assumed knowledge so I need some assistance making everything congruent by consolidating all relevant information into one place - a workbook.
2. REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
Although the main task of this project is simply collating (cutting and pasting) the information I provide, my ideal freelancer would have a background in education generally, or Math & Physics specifically, as this would add value when mind mapping and constructing the ‘review of assumed knowledge’ sections. Knowledge of learning principles, study habits, chunking, and memorisation would also be an advantage, but this skill-set is not absolutely necessary.
The main tasks in this project include, but are not limited to:
- Data entry/collation.
- Creative thinking (mind mapping/concept mapping, flow charts, pyramid diagrams).
- Basic graphic design (producing mind/concept maps, flow charts, pyramid diagrams).
- Research (sourcing definitions and supporting materials from the web).
- Scheduling (copying the subject programs into my Google calendar).
3. PROJECT OUTCOMES & REQUIREMENTS
3.1 Project Outcomes:
1. Three workbooks, one for each subject
2. Topic ‘cheat sheet’/summary inc 1. Defs, 2. Formulas, 3. Key concepts/ideas/questions/examples
3. ‘Cheat sheet’/summary data from #2 to be copied into Anki (flashcard software).
4. Learning programs (provided) copied into my Google calendar.
3.2 Project Requirements:
Workbooks each need to contain:
- Structured hierarchy of information;
1. Subject overview
2. Topic overview
3. Sub-topic overview
4. Sub-topic sections
5. Review of section ‘assumed knowledge’ (including problem sets from previous years text books)
6. New Material (this years text books – divided into levels 1 [easy], 2 [intermediate], 3 [hard])
7. Topic ‘cheat sheets’/summary pages.
- Contents page
- Brief introduction for each of the levels above.
- Hierarchy Mind map/concept map, including which branch of Math/Physics they’re in/related to
- Hierarchy flow-chart.
- Summary A3 table showing key concepts and questions from the course guide side by side
- 'Pyramid' diagram illustrating what assumed knowledge sits under the subject content
- Resources for each level of the hierarchy (source & list relevant texts, online tutorials [e.g. YouTube], and online courses [e.g. Coursera, EdX etc.])
- Reference list
Thus it is expected that this project will require:
- Collation of problem sets from previous years text books
- Collation of the relevant problem sets from current textbooks
- Collation of the relevant solution pages from the current textbook
- Collation of ‘cheat sheets’/summary pages
- Data from ‘cheat sheets’ and summary pages copied into Anki (flashcard software)
Most information is provided, including;
- SACE issued course outline
- Teacher issued course outlines, programs, & text books
With several projects in the pipeline I hope to build a professional relationship with a trusted service provider.