Let me explain: we're an early-stage startup building an online educational website/platform specifically for programmers and developers. We'll offer both free content and paid courses on our platform which people can use to help them learn and master certain programming languages. The content will mostly be video, with a presenter or host explaining the different topics and teaching the audience.
Here's how this will work:
• After we get you on board, we'll send you all the physical recording equipment (camera, microphone, etc.) to your address.
• We'll guide you through how to set up the recording equipment, you don't need to be an expert on this.
• We'll give you the written script of the video.
• You'll record the videos according to the script and send them over to us.
So basically, we'll provide the equipment, script, and guidance; all you have to do is turn on the camera and read the script, acting as the presenter of the video.
The requirements for this role are simple:
• Good, clear speaking skills: our audience is mainly from North America, so we're looking for native English speakers (preferably with an American accent).
• Comfortable on camera: as you'll be present in the videos, you'll need to be comfortable recording yourself on camera. It's okay if you've never done this before, just being nice and friendly is all that's required.
• Decent clothing: you don't need to wear a suit, a good dress shirt or something similar from your wardrobe will do just fine. You'll want to make yourself a bit presentable, as the videos will be watched by tens of thousands (perhaps eventually millions) of people from all over the globe.
• Environment for recording: when you're recording, you'll need a space of about 6 feet x 10 feet for placing the camera (you can stow the items away when not recording). And we'll provide a green screen and lights, so the background or lighting in your place won't matter. The place, however, does need to be as quiet as possible to eliminate background noise.
We're looking to record about 5 hours' worth of content next week. And if everything goes according to plan, we'll record a 10+ hour course soon afterward.
I'm sure you have some questions, so feel free to let me know and we'll discuss everything in detail...