For our Raspberry pi 3 based project, we are looking to add remote software update. Currently project does have communication to servers and can transfer image to be deployed to individual devices.
We need appropriate client on RPI3 device to apply downloaded image.
So we are looking for detailed instructions to setup software update (mender or swupdate clients) on raspberry pi.
* Runs on RPI3 (standard RASPBIAN JESSIE OS)
* Able to update kernel, DT, the root file system, application data and other file systems, customer data
* Boot partition update is not required
* Dual copy approach with fail safe
Deliverable would be:
* Propose [url removed, login to view] or swupdate client ([url removed, login to view] or [url removed, login to view])
* Compile for RPI3
* Setup (FS allocation, config, …)
* Basic test to ensure functionality
* Step by step documentation for all above (compilation , setup, image build, …)