You are required to develop an information system based on a fictional company of your choice. The company is a small business that has a number of branches. There are a number of sales personnel working in each branch. Sales personnel can be reassigned to other branches to work. The owners of the company wish to have an information system that gives them up to date information about the current status of the business.
The company only has limited computing resources and little technical skill and you are required to develop a system that uses a dashboard interface to display important trends and to perform analysis more quickly and easily. The company’s most urgent need is to have information concerning the profitability of the product they are selling; the profitability of its branches; and the performance of their salespeople. The company would like to use the system for forecasting and analysis purposes and therefore expects it to be constructed in such a way that data can be varied and results calculated automatically.
You may assume the following for simplification purposes:
• You have only nine months of trading data available in the company.
• The company has five sales personnel.
• The company has four branches.
• The company only sells 8 different products.
You must provide at least four different interactive visualisations for the owners. An example of a useful interactive visualisation might be the following:
• A chart that shows the overall sales per month in the nine months of trading. Allow the owner to further select a specific product to see its sales over the six months.
• A chart that shows average sales per Staff.
• A chart that shows overall sales per product.
The system must be tailored to the company chosen by you. List any assumptions that you make in modelling the business. You must compile a report and demonstrate your system at the end of term.