Important: Read entire job listing. Do not apply without answering the questions below. Any applications not including answers to the questions below are ignored and immediately deleted.
I'm looking for a developer to create card games, 50 card games if the first one goes well.
The first card game will be discussed in chat, it's a game my grandma loves and is the perfect place to start.
IMPORTANT: This project is $200 every 2 weeks ($400 per month) paid on the 1st and 15th of each month for as long as we’re working together. The first total accumulated payment will come after the first game is launched. Then, after the first game is launched, the payments would be sent every 2 weeks, on an ongoing basis.
This is what my budget allows right now.
Requirements: The games need to work in a web browser, iOS (for iPhone and iPad) and Android. It must be multiplayer.
Design: I already have the design assets, so the game is ready to be built. Keep in mind, you can work with my designer, but you should be able to create nice looking design assets too. This needs to look really nice, as you & I know that there are a lot of card game "apps" out there. We must be one of the best looking card games out there. We can research and find our favorite / best looking card game online and then figure out how to improve on it for our version.
Players: The game should support up to 4 players... we can discuss whether or not you think it should support more. The game needs to have an ai to play against, for when a player is playing by him/herself. Can we use winning strategies from real/actual players to improve the ai over time? Perhaps we can include low/medium/high difficulty settings. I would like your feedback on this.
Users will need to create accounts so they can restore their settings or game play, or so they can move from device to device (example: she was playing on her desktop at work and moves to playing on her iPhone when she gets home).
We should probably include a daily/weekly/yearly high score board. The user should be told explicitly where he/she ranks (to encourage them to play more). The game will be supported by ads and offer a paid plan to remove them for a year or something. Users can watch an ad to acquire more game cash, or they can purchase it.
Your ideas and input on how to make this better are welcomed and will be considered.
Questions for you:
1. In your opinion, what's the best "stack" for this? [ex. C# or C++ & Unity? Something else like Unreal Engine?]
2. How quickly can you get the MVP done (playable browser/iOS/Android)? (before submitting it to store/android, of course)
3. Do you have design experience too? Please show me some of your design work.
4. How do you recommend content creation for the game page (browser?) and the ability to edit the content in the future? I'm familiar with WordPress.
5. What are some of your recommendations on how to make this project successful?
6. How much time can you put in?
7. When could you start?
8. Have you built anything like this before?
9. Can you show me any projects like this or otherwise you've done in the past?
10. What projects are you currently working on?
11. If hired, when could you start on this?
12. Are you a team, agency, or individual?
13. Why should I choose you?
14. What’s the best way to integrate multiplayer?
15. Have you ever developed a Chrome Extension before?
16. Do you have experience and are you able to create this for iOS, Android, and browser, alike?
After answering the questions, please provide examples of games (especially card games) you’ve created in the past.
Let's start TODAY. I would like to have a simple, yet playable, MVP finished within 1 week if possible.
Important: Place “Card Game Success” at the beginning of your response so I know you’ve read this. Then apply / answer the questions. Thank you!
If you're reading this post, I'm still looking for the right person, so please apply if interested.