Hi I need a simple widget (with a configuration activity) that will fetch entries from a RSS/XML feed from the Mapquest API. This project within my skill set however I do not have the time to execute this, thus I'm looking for someone to do it for me. Considering all the examples out there I estimate this should take less than 5 days for someone who knows what is doing.
The RSS feed has points with longitude, latitude, title, description - I will PM you the feed I'm talking about.
- This widget need to be similar to android's default Weather/News widget but simpler
- 4x1 Size
- Compatibleness with API 1.5 or higher
- Displays all RSS items / Results from
- Tap screen to go to next entry (similar to android tips widget)
- Calculate/display the distance to the RSS point (lat/long)... will need to geocode the user's location / zip code
- When is clicked, it launches Google Maps, starting at that location with a marker with the description
- A small Settings icon/button to launch the configuration activity.
- Must be be compatible with high-low resolutions (hdpi-ldpi)
- Allows user to input a location (zip code) or get the user's location (location Manager)
Please do not bid if you cannot meet the deadline or are not familiar with Android.
The winner will surrender all copyrights and provide all source files (eclipse).