Thank you for your interest in this project.
I am looking for someone experienced in legal matters and litigation matters. I will of course provide full details, emails, etc. to the selected bidder, and there is an overview of the events below, but the short version is that I purchased a website through [login to view URL] that was claimed to earn money through Adsense. I'm convinced NOW, after the fact, that the seller is committing a known and planned system of fraud, and that he knowingly scammed me out of $1,550.
I would like some assistance getting this money back. I want to be sure whoever I work with is not doing anything illegal of course, but I want to push wherever we can and get my money back. I'll share the money with the bidder of course! For me it is about the principle at this point, and I want this seller brought to some form of justice for doing this to me and likely several other people.
Please outline in your bid what sort engagement we'd be looking at, and a general approach.
The very high level details:
1. I purchased a website through Flippa.com. You can see the public auction here: [login to view URL]
2. The site was sold as a website that earned the claimed revenue through Google Adsense. That was the only reason I was interested, and the only value in the website whatsoever.
3. I applied for an Adsense account using the website, and it was declined. I should have demanded a refund at that time, but didn't. Google is very secretive and automated about specifics for why accounts are declined, but it was declined due to the website, nothing else.
4. I ended up adding it to another Adsense account. It did actually earn money for the first month.
5. Two days before I was supposed to receive my first payment from Google, I received notification that my account had been banned in full, and all payments would be cancelled.
6. I went through their appeal process, and lost. Again, very little information here, but I did offer that I would remove all sites OTHER than this one to indicate a willingness to modify my approach, still declined.
7. I wrote to the seller, who had been great with his communication all along, demanding a refund, as the site was not good for its intended use. Of course, he was not ready to provide one.. dialogues began, back and forth… Overall, I am firmly convinced that this seller is orchestrating a fairly well-conieved, well planned scheme to create websites that are profitable in the short term, selling them on Flippa, with full knowledge of what he is doing and how these sites will perform over time.
8. I applied for another pay per click advertising network with this website, and was declined. Again, the network was unable to reveal full details, but out of 20 websites I applied to their network with, this was the only one declined, and their reply said that it was an issue with traffic or site quality.
9. I have already filed disputes with [login to view URL] and PayPal:
a. Flippa is unable to assist given that the issues resulted after the auction.
b. Paypal… another more involved story.. fully orchestrated by him I'm sure, but we agreed to terms of two payments. One of $1200 at the time of the sale, and another of $350 30 days later… Paypal only offers protection within 45 days. So, technically speaking, the only one I have access to restitution on is the payment for $350. That claim is underway.
In all, I'm still hearing from the seller, who claimed multiple times that if the site was the result of the issues, a refund would be given. I've supplied the proof outlined above… Nothing. He's made mention of not having money.. or that he might know someone who would be interested in buying the site at a reduced rate… Overall, I want my full payment back. I'll return the site in full. I will even reinstate the website on his server to ensure he's not spending time on the issue after the refund..