1. Experience in Linux, AIX and Solaris OS administration
2. Strong experience in OS patching process using Big Fix
3. Managing servers in the console, pushing agents to servers and well versed with rpm, fixlets etc.
4. Troubleshooting OS related issues, Installing, updating packages in Red Hat Linux servers using RPMs and YUM repositories
5. Design and implement software packaging and Monthly patching strategies for Linux, AIX, Solaris servers
6. Deploying patches involves testing the patch in test environment for possible errors and then deploying in prod environment
7. Identifying available patches or threats, managing packages and deploying patches
8. Create SOPs for patching deployment and work with release managers or project managers
9. Compliance assessment & Custom Reporting for the vulnerability threats in the servers and on patching status etc.
10. Post deployment assessment on servers and applications including performance management on servers
11. Troubleshooting skills in patch installation issues and to ensure safe rollback in case of an issue and maintain server availability
12. Prepare and own the Client and Internal Communications and Escalation Plans.
13. Creating and maintaining scripts to automate server administration and eliminate manual efforts on patching
14. Strong knowledge in ITIL practice especially in Change management and release management
15. Should be willing to work in 24X7 support and possess good communication skills