I need an iOS app (App) to control a Raspberry Pi Zero W (Pi) via WiFi. Below is the summary of the overall functionality.
- When the App is launched the user should have an option to "add new devices".
- When the users clicks that option a new menu should appear. This new menu should prompt the user to connect to the Pi via WiFi.
- The Pi should act as a WAP and allow unauthenticated connections from other people in the network. In our cases, it should be the iPhone user.
- The App should notify the user upon connection to the Pi WiFi.
- Once the Pi and App are connected a new menu should appear. This menu should display the WiFi SSID's visible to the Pi.
- Though the App, the user should be able to input the WiFi password for the selected SSID. After this the Pi should try to connect to the new WiFi network. The user should be notified if the connection is successful or unsuccessful. In case the connection failed, the App should display an error message explaining why it failed.
- After the Pi is connected to the WiFi network it should send a POST request to a URL (will be given after project is accepted).
- The App user should be able to safely connect back to another WiFi network (disconnect from the Pi WAP) and the Pi should continue working normally.
- For this project, all source code deliverables should be posted as commits in GitHub. GitHub will be the only way to exchange source code (compressed files or other methods to deliver code are not acceptable.)
- All code should be properly documented following the following standards:
Swift: [login to view URL]
Python3: [login to view URL]
- All code should be properly unit tested.
- Programming language for iOS should be Swift, and Python3 for Pi