I need a VPN class, let's call it VPNManager that will start and stop a vpn connection in the following platforms.
- Android (required)
- iOS (required)
It needs to comply with the following points:
- Use the dependency service class native to Xamarin
- Use the OOTB lib that comes with Net 2.0 standard as much as possible. No external software can be used.
- It needs to be able to connect to PPTP and IPSec.
- The completed functioning library would have to be demoed using Visual Code Comunity Edition for Mac. This will ensure that all platforms can be shown to be working.
- The library will be demoed by a simple one screen Gui start and stop button.
- The VPN connection needs to stay even when the app is not active in the screen (started service style in android language).
- The device must NOT be rooted in order for this to work.
The general Flow
- User clicks the start button
- [login to view URL]() is invoked.
- VPN starts using a local port. This means that there must a class that accepts the connection from the VPNService (talking android language here) so that no external server is needed.
- VPNManager will then redirect the traffic on port 80 and 443 to a proxy server which will be outside of the device itself. The rest of the traffic can be sent direct.
- All code must comply with good coding standards for Google Play store and iTune store.
If the user clicks stop the VPN tunnel stops.
This is another way to really enforce a proxy at the device level without the device being rooted.
A very similar app is the Postern app in google play.
9 freelancers are bidding on average $682 for this job
I DO NOT OUTSOURCE I have been a freelancer for the past 8 years, I believe that my experience and skill in this background will prove to be of great help to you. Contact me to discuss more on the details