I need a service which will take a pdf document and upload it to a sql database. The database will be sql server 2005 express, sql server 2008 express and sql server 2005. The process would be as follows.
1. The pdf file name will be formatted as xxx_xxxxx_date(mm/dd/yyyy).pdf.
2. All the pdf's will be saved in a directory where the application needs to upload the pdf to the db and then move the pdf to another folder. The name of the pdf needs to be parsed so that each section of the file name is added to a column in a db table. So for example the first set of characters before _ will be placed in a field in the db and then the complete file name will also be added to a db field as well.
3. This service needs to run every 15 minutes.
In addition to the procedure above I need a simple web page that displays a link of all the pdfs. When the link is clicked a version of the pdf is opened.
1. The application needs to be built in vb.net
2. All application files will be delivered along with a exe.
3. Documentation on how to change the following settings
- DB connection
- Source folder
- Destination folder
4. Aspx page built in vb.net