We are an exciting new travel mobile game that aims to make it fun and rewarding for travelers to discover destinations and earn real travel rewards. We have received rave reviews from writers for major publications including National Geographic, Conde Nast, and Lonely Planet. Stock/equity is possible, for the right candidate.
You are a back-end developer - with front-end experience - who will be tasked with leading technical design and implementation of our product roadmap. The ideal candidate should be able to identify and resolve issues before they become problems. You will be an active contributor in product decision-making and will have a significant impact on the end user experience.
I can send more details to qualified candidates: we have a couple applications, running on Fastify built in Node.js/Typescript, running on both MongoDB and MySQL (TypeORM).
- You have strong foundations in modern web technologies and software development principles.
- You are motivated by applying knowledge in a highly iterative product release cycle and are committed to doing things the "right" way.
- You have a natural talent for framing and solving problems at the architecture/design level, while also being able to dive down to the implementation details and tradeoffs.
- You have developed software and IT systems that meet the robustness and reliability requirements of a rapidly growing service.
- Develop and maintain performant, scalable, and secure applications
- Write production quality code in TypeScript
- Write unit tests and high quality documentation
- Debug production issues across services and multiple levels of the stack
- Create tools to automate and optimize development processes
You will need to have the following qualifications:
- 5+ years of experience in back end software development
- some front end development experience
- strong understanding of software development principles, including TDD, SOLID concepts, architecture patterns and system design
- comfortable with RESTful APIs
- familiar with version control using Git/Github
- ability to solve challenging issues
This is a full-time gig, indefinitely. Please send your resume and list of past projects you've worked on, along with your contributions to those projects. Please send Github links.