I'm working on an online game with threejs and i need someone to help me improve the graphics of the planet. I have it working by hacking together some code and custom shader. I can provide the code and test data.
It's quite huge, so it needs to be performant as well.
Currently I'm looking to improve the ocean and the clouds to be volumetric and with specific density and moving direction, or just a bit more realistic looking.
I also want to improve the tile rendering with existing textures, need to apply the texture to the full tile. But it's doing it on each triangle, which then looks strange. Also need to fix shader to support shadow from mountain and itself, like opposite side of sun is dark.
I also have a planetary shield shader which needs improvement at the location where it goes back and shows a line since it doesn't match. I use a texture there too, which might be the problem.
Ocean should look nicer with different colours by depth or shore and have reflection of e.g the sun, city nearby.
Optionally im looking to do (if interested in some):
* Improve rendering of environment tiles, especially to make a smooth transition between tiles. There are multiple different biomes that need rendering. I can provide a list. I want it to look similar to civilization 6. But with civ 5 graphic mod
* Add forest tiles, it also has parts with and without trees
* Add Rivers, lava river, road, no data for that, just make up some custom data
* add mountains and hills with shader
* Add rain, lighting bolts, snow, snow flakes
* add atmosphere
* add street ( i guess this is almost same code as for river)
You can have a look here:
[login to view URL]
Head to this planet: [login to view URL]