I have got a script written in perl and it extracts profiles from myspace and add them to our internal API
I have got issues in making usernames for each profile .. Want to implement the following idea
- Get MySpace usernames from each creation round.
- Compare each username to the [url removed, login to view] database.
- If not present, store it.
- Avoid all-numbers usernames.
- NEVER use the same username in our API, of the profile we took the info from.
If you implement this (should be really easy, as you are writing on screen -in the app- the MySpace usernames already).
Or if you have another long term and good idea for usernames... explain it !!!