Our company needs a very restrictive, but user friendly screen capture solution. A customer will install the ActiveX software from our website. Guests will browse the internet in the window they started with, or a new one and user our software when they find a logo they want to capture. ([url removed, login to view]) Once they capture their image, a prompt will ask for their username, title for their image, and link to the site. The information will then be saved on my website via PHP and MySQL while the graphic will be saved as a .jpg or .gif on my server(s). The following will happen when the link is clicked.:
1. The screen will be shaded out except for a capture rectangle roughly 140 pixels wide by x 60 pixels tall. ([url removed, login to view])
2. A preview window will be available at the bottom of the screen with the same dimensions, showing what is in the capture window ([url removed, login to view]).
3. As the Capture Window is moved around the screen, the Preview Window updates. Additionally, the Capture Window can be proportionately resized by dragging the corners. However, the Preview Window stays the same, making the image fit. ([url removed, login to view])
4. Once the client is satisfied with the selection, they click "Capture" (or equivalent). The selection will be stored in a web folder as a *.gif with a rotating file name. ([url removed, login to view])
5. Upon clicking “Capture?? the customer may enter their username and password so the correct folder can be found. When finished, the user will be sent back to our page and logged in, showing their selection.
6. The software may be downloaded on a home computer with a one time login and maybe even some edit functions including: adding a border, text, or color.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
Prefer to not require a download for customers, but ActiveX seems to be the way to go.