We are looking for one or more experienced PHP developers to help us fixing issues and adding new functionality to an existing CakePHP web/API application that is used together with mobile applications to provide e-wallet functionality.
The code base needs some TLC, so we are looking for somebody who can deal with that. We are in the process of making it better by mainly introducing separation of concerns and adding unit tests.
Our development process is nearly fully documented and we are using GitLab, Google Meet, Trello and Slack to communicate, develop and deploy to multiple environment (production/test/dev-test, using GitLab CI/CD).
Summary development process:
- Mixed Scrum/Kanban with daily standups using multiple boards on Trello (you will be assigned to a single board), with (at least) lists: Backlog, To do, On hold, Doing, Review, Done
- GitLab Flow with feature branches
- Docker environment for quickly being able to start local development
- Database migrations
- Unit tests
- Merge Requests (GitLab)
- Code review
- Manual testing (in the future we would like to automate this and/or add QA staff)
- (Semi-)automated deployments
- PHP 5.6
- CakePHP 2.x
- MySQL 8.0
- Firebase Push Notifications
What are we looking for:
- Excellent communication in English
- Experience with PHP 10+ years or CakePHP 3+ years
- Experience with upgrading code for PHP 5 to PHP 7 (ideally)
- Experience with composer, git, PHPUnit
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies (Scrum/Kanban)
- Security awareness
- Ability to quickly understand the logic in legacy applications and start working on it
- Able to write clean, efficient and secure code based on specifications
- Preference to work in a team and enjoying to learn and improve yourself as well as sharing successes
- Problem-solving attitude, understanding business needs
You will be working in a team of multiple developers.
Ideally we are looking for a rate of 20 USD and someone who is full-time available to work with us initially for a period of 3-6 months, but if all goes well, much longer.