An online shift booking system for flexible workers.
The system has a 3 way user access.
1. The Client/Agency: this is the secondary system administrator who employs the end user (flexible worker). The Agency receives work availability from the Workplace/Host and uploads the work availability known as shifts on the system to enable flexible workers to view and book themselves on shifts.
2. The Workplace/Host: This is a client of the Agency that is in need of shift cover and work services from the Agencies’ employees.
3. The Flexible worker is the end user, who is registered as an employee by the Agency and provides work service to the Workplace. They can book shifts online according to their availability.
The Client should have administration rights to the system and be able to:
- upload shifts to be viewed by flexible workers
- edit shift times
- download CSV files of all shifts worked for payroll processing
- View booked shifts and flexible worker profile
- Directly book flexible workers into shifts
- Authorise the host on certain system access preferences as listed below for Host
- Directly book a flexible worker into a shift
- Authorise or sign off in acknowledgement of a flexible worker having provided work services or mark as assignment completed
- Edit and adjust shift start and end times
- Write notes to be displayed for view by users of preferences e.g Male worker required, BLS trained worker etc
- Delete or remove shifts from the system (time restricted function – cannot be done with less than 3 hrs to start of a booked shift, Host will have to seek authorisation from Client)
3. Flexible worker:
- View shifts available to their profile
- Update profile with availability
- Book shifts in advance
- Release timesheets for payroll processing
The system should have the following capabilities:
- Automated generation of a timesheet for a flexible worker upon completion of a booked assignment
- Automatically change shift start time to the next hour if it has not been booked by any flexible worker by the initial start time. ( repeat this 3 times)
- Have ability to create and download CSV/Excel file formats for worked timesheets and those submitted for payroll processing
- Send auto notifications to flexible workers when a shift is added onto the system that matches their availability
- Send notifications to the Client if the Host makes any changes on the system, i.e uploading a shift, changing shift times, authorising timesheets etc.
- Send notifications to flexible worker if any change to their booked shift is made
- Create different Host accounts
- Allow for automated monthly usage billing of flexible worker for system usage
- Automated monthly usage billing for Client
- Automated report generation of uploaded shifts, cancelled shifts, un-booked shifts, and successfully booked shifts. (this can be interpreted by graphs for analysis)
- Create weekly billing for client for successfully booked shift via the system
- Playstore Mobile app version for flexible worker access