Looking for a DIRECTORY LISTING type WordPress plugin which can be customized to meet our needs.
- The plugin should allow us to have listings of our customers, alphabetically, or by region, or by sector
- Each listing should link to a ‘profile page’ for the customer
- Each profile page should contain certain fields of info that we regard to be important. These will include basic info like contact details, web address etc, but will also include certain business info that we want as standard in each listing, such as ANNUAL REPORTING CYCLE, SUSTAINABILITY REPORT Y/N, and other key data that we want displayed in the profile. This data could be quite extensive – about 10-15 fields or so.
- Fields in the profile should also be able to hyperlink to other web pages
- So, we want the profile information to be customisable but we do also want to develop a ‘template profile page’ that will be the default.
- As is possible in many directories, we would like to give certain profiles more prominence that others – because those companies may be members for example. This prominence could be indicated with size, colour etc.
- Its important that this directory is very clean and professional – it’s a business reporting directory and so it can’t contain childlike infographics or icons etc. Neat tidy and simple.
- It has to be free of all additional visual clutter, such as maps etc – we don’t need to focus on geographical positing of the customer as a priority. It might be useful to have that functionality as a secondary level – i.e. its not something that dominates the screen when you are viewing the page: the focus is on the information in the profile page, not on finding the company -therefore mapping is very secondary. If anything the companies only needed to be searchable by country and city, not by [url removed, login to view] we would also like to be able to include a table in the profile page. not sure if this is possible.
We are happy to entertain any ideas that you might have about how to make this possible, although we think the most cost effective easy to do this would be to find a plugin that we can customise. We are hoping that there is something out there that can be modified for our purposes. The plugin itself may not need to be modified if we know how to alter it ourselves.
Thsi project will assume that there is something that simply has to be sourced, and then installed with some customization/set-up. We think this therefore may be a sort of WordPress consulting role paying approximately ZAR1000 (US$65). If it turns out to be more customisation/development then we are willing to discuss a higher fee.
I look forward to your feedback