We are presently looking for someone to consult on the changes we are doing to our RSS feed, and rectify the issues we cannot solve on our end. It is operated by a Wordpress plugin and while my boss and I have worked diligently to correct all the issues with it independently, it has thus far not worked out. Please visit the website [url removed, login to view] in order to see the RSS feed as it presently stands.
Things we will be doing:
- Reconfiguring the category universe away from author to say subject and add a blogroll for author links.
With that in mind, here's what we need done:
- No more lightbox (presently disabled). We just don't know how to remove it from the plugin completely.
- When clicking read more, send to the author's website in a new tab.
- Get the image and content to display properly on all feeds. (At present, when a post appears in the RSS feed the formatting is messed up and we have to manually fix it. If there are links in the content, they need to be there. If there is an image, it should automatically appear in the post and align correctly with the caption appended, the text wrapping around it.) All posts that are presently showing have been manually fixed so there is not an example of what they look like before hand, at least not at the moment. Although the edited posts are what we are looking for all incoming content to look like.
- Ability to replicate adding a feed and having it work right. My boss has spent days trying to figure out how to get it to work correctly, but suspects it will be easier when the post is not tied to the category author (see above). If this assertion is incorrect, please let us know.
Extensive knowledge of Wordpress, plugins, and PHP/additional programming languages involved is required. This is a time sensitive project so preference will be given to those who can complete this quickly, and those who communicate frequently. I will be relaying information between you and my boss, so explaining what is going on as much as is possible is a necessity. If you have not read the project specifics in detail before bidding, please do not bid.
Please come to the table with a timeline, the ability to express your capacity to resolve all aforementioned issues, and do not be pushy about me awarding the project to you. If you are willing to work fast and properly communicate your capacity to rectify the situation, you will naturally get the job.