We have a restaurant client that has online ordering in WooCommerce. The online menu has 8 daily changing soups, plus a weekly salad, and a weekly sandwich that change. The rest of the menu is permanent and doesn’t apply to this project. We are building a new website with a fresh WooCommerce setup and need someone who can “clean-up” the existing plugin code and create a new plugin that meets the following requirements.
Plugin needs to:
1. In the backend, add custom fields for the blog (menu) posts. Already setup in their current site plugin. These custom fields allow the restaurant to enter the 8 soups for the day and the weekly sandwich, and the weekly salad. A ‘Premium’ option checkbox has to be next to the two weekly items, so the cart knows what category/price to charge for them. See attached screenshots of the current backend.
2. In WooCommerce, populate the Soup product dropdown with the 8 soups of the day. The dropdown is currently created with product add-on plugin but could be a variation if needed. See attached showing what needs populated.
3. 5 combo products get populated with the soups and weekly salad/sandwich as well. See attached.
4. The weekly salad and the weekly sandwich get generated and displayed under their corresponding category header. See attached.
5. We have a field for 'tip' that is stored with the order (we use for reporting). This same field needs setup on the new site. See attached.
6. Run on a multisite. Once it’s setup on one site and working, we will handle setting it up on the other sites.
• The new site is staged and products are being added.
• The site has WooCommerce Product Addons and WooCommerce Product Table plugins.
• The new site has a few pages – Homepage (Shop); Blog Page (Menu Post); Default WooCommerce Pages
• Old site is at FlyWheel and we have full access
• New site is staged at SiteGround on our Cloud Server
• New site uses JupiterX and Elementor