I would like this to be developed for Linux (Ubuntu or CentOS).
Just need a basic script to benchmark my storage servers and network connections via smb share. It needs to generate the test files (0 filled is fine) needed for the transfer if not previously generated - so on first run or if they were deleted.
Tests to run:
- 1GB of small files (0-20MB file sizes)
- 5GB of large files (1-2GB file sizes)
- text file with time to run tests
- filename format: [url removed, login to view]
This should use a config file and have a webpage to make it simple to modify the config file and also to run the above script. The config should include:
- smb share path
- smb share credentials
- path to output file (can be a folder in the smb path above)
- path to logfile (should be local)
- Check config file
- Mount smb share
- If error then output error to the logfile
- If no test files exist, then create the required zero filled files
- Set timer
- Copy files to smb share
- Write average transfer speed and time to complete to output file
- Repeat for next test (large files)
A change in the requirement that makes this project even easier. The webpage is not needed anymore.
A configuration file that is easy to understand and modify the settings above is still required. I will update this config file via command line.
The script will be run via command line as well. It should run on both Raspberry Pi (required) and on Ubuntu/CentOS (your choice).
8 freelancers are bidding on average $59 for this job
Hi! I can write this bash script. Relevant Skills and Experience linux, bash Proposed Milestones $55 AUD - Script Script will work with root permissions or sudo?
Hello More 20 years programming experience. I need more details to set real price and time. Regards. Relevant Skills and Experience More 20 years programming experience. Proposed Milestones $55 AUD - script
I am familiar with SMB and shell in ubuntu/CentOS. Relevant Skills and Experience shell, crontab, mount Proposed Milestones $10 AUD - can work $15 AUD - steady