The president and chief executive officer of Romet Limited, was preparing for a project team meeting that would start at 1:00 p.m. that afternoon. It was Friday April 27, 2018, and he had just finalized the architectural design and layout for the company's new plant. The lease for the current plant would expire at the end of that year, and he was reviewing the activities required to complete the facility relocation project. The plant relocation was named "Project Destiny." Recognizing that extending the completion beyond the end of the lease was impossible, he was concerned about being able to complete the project on schedule without increasing costs.
The designated team should prepare a brief “executive summary” presentation, which should include a thorough analysis of the process observed along with key answers for the following questions
Duration: (15-20mn) for presentation + (10-15mm) for discussion
Questions: In this case students should learn two new things: Microsoft PM software and project crashing
Background about the Company/founder and please link it with PM
Company Strategy -SWOT - RISK -Competitive Advantage in relation to PM
Link between/ the company/founder
Company process - Assembly line
Please Explain standard product & Customized Product offering
Business Case Brief and project Breif
1. What is more important to Brent—cost or on-time completion?
2. Prepare a network diagram/chart for the project.
3. Using project management software, such as Microsoft Project, identify the critical path, the slack times, and project completion date. Be sure to include the name of the activities, duration, and predecessor activities from Exhibit 1 in the case and provide the late start/early start and late finish/early finish data.
4. Are there opportunities to re-sequence the activities in the project to shorten the completion time? Learn project crashing, explain it to students and tell us which activities would you consider crashing and why?
5. Brent is considering a number of possible alternatives to reduce the overall length of the project. As Brent Collver, what action would you take and why? Show your revised project plan.
(a) Ask the contractor to provide additional technicians to reduce the time required to complete electrical and pneumatic construction by two weeks, at a cost premium of $20,000.
(b) Use two contractors for office construction instead of one. One contractor would be responsible for the office structure; the second contractor would be responsible for installation of fire alarm and safety systems, such as fire alarm, emergency lighting, and sprinklers. This approach would reduce the expected completion time for the office by three weeks but increase costs by $30,000.
(c) Ask the contractor to work overtime on Saturdays to reduce the time to complete the quality/supervisor pod construction by two weeks, at a cost premium of $35,000.
(d) Use a different contractor to install the anodizing line in 10 weeks, at cost premium of $50,000.
12 freelancers are bidding on average $25/hour for this job
Please click on the "CHAT" button so that I can ask a few questions concerning your project. I will provide an exceptional quality project on time, leaving you fully satisfied that you got your money’s worth!
Hello... I am new here but I am working in the writing industry since 2010. I know all writing techniques, try me once I will deliver supreme quality paper.