Los Angeles-based engineer here. I do computer vision. I am developing a cross-platform mobile project for a client. The project is going to involve storing thousands, perhaps millions, of images and performing computation on subsets of those images (Bayes filters will limit the size of searches) as quickly as possible.
I have no experience in Cloud Computing. But I have a vague idea in my head that I should run the backend of this application on GCP and port some of my code (database lookups, etc) to run on their servers.
The Job Description:
I basically want to talk to a GCP engineer for an hour or two. Or maybe just exchange a handful of emails.
I want to answer the following questions:
1. What GCP can do for me on this project.
2. How difficult it would be for me to implement this myself.
3. How much it would cost to have you, or another engineer if you don't want the job, implement the features I need.
4. Timeframe, possible roadblocks, general discussion, etc.
1. You know Google Cloud Platform, App Engine, Java, Android.
2. You are a fluent English speaker.
1. You live in the US or for whatever reason can speak on the phone (or Skype, etc) during morning hours Pacific Standard Time.
I'd love to chat about this further. You will be required to sign an NDA in advance of any deep discussion about the technology.
Thank you for your time. Look forward to hearing from you.