**We're looking for people with following characteristics:**
- Energetic, reliable, detail oriented, and eager to quickly learn on the job.
- Able to communicate in English quickly and precisely (spoken and written).
**Who we are:**
- We are an eCommerce and SaaS company in Home & Kitchen category.
- We are not an outsourcing firm -- you will work with your team, CTO, CEO, managers, and the rest of the team from various departments of our company.
- Great friendly culture - international team of 80+ people.
- Paid 25 days of vacation (includes sick leave).
- Quarterly bonuses based on company financial performance.
- Opportunity to learn new technologies.
- Company financials are made visible during monthly finance meetings.
- Self-education is supported and encouraged.
- ABILITY TO WORK IN NEW YORK TIME ZONE.
- 5+ years software design and development
- Engineering Degree (Bachelor or Masters)
- Experience with the following tools and concepts:
- Python 3
- able to follow this style guide: [login to view URL]
- Django 2+
- Django Manager & Model objects, methods
- Troubleshooting using SQL queries and Django models
- MySQL, Postgres databases
- Caching (Redis)
- Django Signals
- Django Channels
- Performance analysis
- Django Security, role-based permissions
- Testing frameworks (pytest)
- Good experience implementing and consuming REST API’s
- Experience with Python Celery; able to implement asynchronous task queues, job scheduling
- Able to refactor legacy Python/Django code
- Able to follow Django and Python best practices and standards
- ECMA script modules
- JavaScrip, jQuery, Vue.js or other similar framework such as Angular, React..
- Has experience with implementing Web Components (shadow DOM)
**Software Design Requirements:**
- Data modeling and database design experience
- Knowledge of architectural styles, software principles and design patterns
- Broad and extensive knowledge of the software development process
- Fluent verbal and written English (all communication is in English language)
- Positive attitude
- Providing support to users
- Ability to cooperate with tech and non-tech people
- Able to implement Backend and Frontend features from client request to client approval (often with minimal guidance from a Project Manager)
- Able to explaining technical concepts in a clear and concise way
- Good experience conducting code reviews for other developers
- Experience using some CSS framework e.g. UIkit
- Experience using JS framework e.g. Vue JS, React/Angular
- Experience developing complex ERP/CRM applications
- Experience with Docker
- Scaling automation systems
- Has working experience with Amazon AWS infrastructure
**What you may do on day to day:**
- Maintain complex systems based on Web technologies.
- Refactor legacy code and develop new features, API's, and tools for internal sales and order processing teams.
- Coordinate with end-users, your team, clients, and top managers.
- Time-tracking: Hubstaff
- Coms: Slack, Skype, Gmail
- Code and Tickets: Github
- Frameworks: Django, Magento, Scrapy
- Frontend: VueJS
- DB: MySQL, PGSQL
**If you learn and advance, other roles may be open for you:**
*(Most productive team members usually take more than one role.)*
- Team Lead
- Roles for other departments can be available in the future upon request (Sales, Operations, Customer Support, Accounting, HR)
Looking forward to speaking with you!