I’m a contractor building custom-made bungalows. I have so many house plans from my previous projects. Usually when a new potential client wants to build a house, I will show them houses that may fit their land. But, without properly converting their land into autoCAD file, and superimpose the house plans one-by-one into the land, I cannot be 100% sure the existing house plans will fit the land or not. And doing one-by-one is taking precious time of my staff.
To create a software, preferable web-based that can be loaded from my wordpress-based website page. If not possible, a standalone software is also acceptable. The short purpose of the software is to show house plans that are suitable and can be fitted in a given land.
WHAT THE SOFTWARE MUST DO?
1. To create a plan database from house plans collections. House plan collections including the 3D views are available in JPEG files.
2. To draw a land based on the side lengths and degree of orientation given.
3. To determine the land ‘setbacks’ i.e the allowable perimeter of the land that can be used to build a house as required by the city council.
4. To choose suitable house plans from the database that can fit a given land.
5. The software must be able to determine the correct orientation facing the main road.
6. The software must be able to determine the correct parallel aligned to the land border.
7. The software must be able to generate a photo showing the fitted floor plans inside a given land.
8. The software must be able to show selected house plan with the original house plan and 3D images and can open a Dropbox folder containing the files of the selected house plan (for staff use).
9. The software must be able to send all suitable house plans for a given land to an email address (client).
REQUIREMENT OF THE SOFTWARE
1. Simple but attractive user interface.
2. The software must be able to work with metric and imperial measurements input.
3. Can be accessed by staffs with different login names and passwords (Have one master admin access to assign and control the staff access logins).
4. I must be able to add new plans in the database. So the admin panel or back end, must be user-friendly to add the database.
5. The software must also be able to be accessed by the public without the login password with the exception that the public access has no option to send the emails, cannot print and they can only view the suitable house plans with only one 3d view (staff access can access the whole database folder with usually four to five 3D views of the house.
6. The software installation (if website-based) into the website must be user friendly with proper guideline and documentation so that I can install to a new website or pages myself should I want to.
Algorithm to determine the land setbacks and finding the all possible position of the house plan in the setback boundaries so that it fit within the boundaries.
I made a video with a powerpoint presentation explaining in detail how I want the software to works. You may look at this youtube link.
[login to view URL]