I would like to construct a prototype of a system in WordPress. It will be a membership web site, with members being able to list their products (live stock, in this case). Third parties will then reserve the live stock.
I have used WooCommerce before, also Divi Builder, Forms 7, WP All Import (custom data fields import tool), etc. But I would like to discuss the project first with a real expert in WordPress SYSTEMS (not just a blog, a real application for multiple users).
If the consultant is able to assist with the build, then that would be welcomed. But this "project" is just for consulting about what is possible and will work for my very specific requirement.
Specific major components:
1) Role management - tied to a sub set of member and inventory - A member can only edit their own inventory. Some members do not have inventory but browse/reserve inventory - they come to the site to view what is available.
2) Inventory management - seeing that it is for livestock, it will be quite specific - labels will need to be editable
3) Reservations/bookings - a simple reservation system, calendaring will be required. Something like [login to view URL] could work if it can be tied to specific inventory and a member.
4) Document generation - confirmation emails that are usually standard in bookings systems, possibility to generate PDF, for example.
5) Map/locations plugin
6) Merit level/badges tied to member
5) Payment will be offline, initially. Payment integration is not required for this prototype.
Note that this is not an auction site. Perhaps some auction functionality can work for the requirements, but this is primarily a system to reserve livestock at the listed prices and availability.
My expectation is that there is more discussion required, and about a two to three days for the consultant to prepare a report based on the above requirements.