Projects undergo status changes depending on what action the clients or freelancers take:
- Open. Freelancers can place their bids. Projects are open for bidding for 7 days unless the client awards it or manually closes it before the end of the bidding period. Projects upgraded to Urgent have a one-day bidding period. The Open status could also mean that the awarded freelancer rejected the award, the awarded freelancer failed to accept the award within the given time, or the client revoked the award while the bidding period is not yet over.
- No Freelancer Selected. The bidding period has ended and the client did not award the project. This could also mean that the client has ended the project with the freelancer they initially selected. The client may award the project to any of the existing bidders.
- Closed. The client chose to close the project without awarding it. The client may award the project to any of the existing bidders. Hire Me projects that are rejected or not accepted by the awarded freelancers are also marked as Closed.
- Awaiting Acceptance. The project has been awarded to at least one freelancer.
- Accepted. The award has been accepted by the winning freelancer and the project is ongoing.
- In Progress. This is the status visible to the client or project owner when the award has been accepted by the winning freelancer and the project is ongoing.
- Complete. The project has been marked as Complete.