We are a small company located in Idaho, USA. We are an online seller of many different poultry supplies with a strong emphasis in egg incubators. Many of the products we sell are designed and made in-house.
We have a project that is partially completed that we need help to finish.
Earlier this year, we worked with a university student team to begin developing an upgrade to one of our products. The product is a controller for an automatic chicken coop door and a coop light.
I have attached a document that shows the original specifications that were used by the student team.
The student team decided to use a Raspberry Pi as a starting point and built a board to attach that to. They spent most of their time doing programming (Python). They also designed the hardware and made a prototype, but it did not work. The team was very confident that their programming was good and would meet the specifications perfectly.
The student team provided a prototype board that was fully populated, but it did not work. They assumed that they damaged some components while hand-soldering them.
So, here is what we’re looking for: We need a developer to help us finish this project.
Here is a basic outline of the project:
1. We will provide you with all of the development files from the student team (see attachment)
2. You review the original specification document (attached) and the files from the student team. Ensure you understand the requirements and the current state of development.
3. You provide a quote for “finishing the project” along with a project outline (including a timeline)
This is what "Finishing the project" means:
1. Modify the students’ PCB to ensure it functions, per the requirements
2. Modify the students' software to conform to the new hardware (if necessary)
3. Make at least two samples (fully populated PCB's) to test software
4. Fully test the hardware and software to ensure they meet specifications
5. Send us the hardware samples and software so we can do final testing
6. You send us all updated development files so we can send them to our PCB manufacturer for production
If you fully understand this project, have reviewed the original spec document AND the student files and are ready to send a COMPLETE quote for this project, please reply with this message as your first line: “I fully understand this project. Here is my complete quote along with a project timeline for completion.”
Please note: if your message does not include that exact phrase, we will assume you don’t understand the project and we will not consider your bid.
16 freelancers are bidding on average $814 for this job
Hello I have developed PCBs for the control of various automatic systems, I can make yours so that it is very good, and I recommend you use the micros of STM32